K. Russo Consulting has been retained by City Harvest to identify the Major Gifts Officer.
About City Harvest:
City Harvest is New York’s first and largest food rescue organization, helping to feed millions of New Yorkers who struggle to put meals on their tables. This year, we will rescue 144 million pounds of fresh, nutritious food and deliver it-free of charge-to more than 400 food pantries, soup kitchens, community partners, and our own mobile markets across the five boroughs. We work alongside our communitypartners to boost community capacity, expand nutrition education, andstrengthen local food systems. For more than 35 years, City Harvest has always been there to feed our city-one day, one meal, one New Yorker at a time. To learn more, please visit www.cityharvest.org.
We have been retained by City Harvest to identify a dynamic, flexible, and ambitious Major Gifts Officer who enjoys creating highly personalized correspondence and communication updates on interest-specific topics, meeting and conducting site visits with donors, and enjoys daily diversification in their day. Manage donor information, strategy development for cultivation planning and working in an organization that values each individual contribution. Work collaboratively across the Development department (Major Gifts, Special Events, Corporate and Foundation Relations, and Development Operations) to ensure utilization of City Harvest resources as effectively as possible to cultivate, steward, and solicit support.
● The Major Gifts Officer is a self-motivated, confident, and experienced fundraiser responsible for the cultivation, tracking, and solicitation of requests for major gifts of $10K+.
● 2-3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced growth organization with proven ability to personally solicit individuals for major gifts is essential. Experience utilizing special events is a plus.
● Manage a portfolio of 125 major gift prospects and donors.
● Creative, resilient, think on your feet professional who is interested in joining an organization with an inspiring leadership team, and looks for those who can bring new ideas to life.
● Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to successfully develop strong relationships with donors. Able to operate effectively as part of a team and independently.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: 90 – 100k annual base salary (DOE)
Located: Brooklyn, NY